Tonight I set out to sync my iTunes library up with MythTV. I have been wanting to create some playlists on the Myth box, but I find the playlist “editor” (if you can even call it that) for MythMusic just a bit kluggy. I found the script that is embedded in this post which will take an iTunes xml database file and create corresponding playlists in the MythTV database, but in order to try it out, I needed to update the Music folder on the Myth box with the music on my Powerbook. Enter this nice tip. I simply mounted the Myth box on the Powerbook, tweaked a few parameters in the
rsync command and off it went.
I had to modify the original script for Myth 0.20. You can find my updated script here. (Right click and choose Save As…)